The eyes have long been known to be the ‘windows to the soul’ but various cultures have also used the eyes for hundreds and even thousands of years to reveal the health of an individual. Hippocrates realized there was a connection between signs in the eyes and changes in the body, plus the Babylonians were known to record changes in their friends and relatives eyes as long as 3,000 years ago. In TCM or Traditional Chinese Medicine, the eyes are described as the window to the inner workings of the body. Over the last 150+ years iridology practitioners have been charting the iris of the eyes to produce a map of the body that we can see in the iris today. This iridology chart helps practitioners identify specific areas of the body and the challenges those areas may be facing.
Even though Iridology is a non-invasive practice, there are many things that we can ‘see’ in the body:
- the inherent strengths or weaknesses in organs, glands or tissues
- the constitutional strength or weakness of the body, ( it’s ability to fight off disease)
- areas of inflammation
- areas of toxic buildup
- under activity or sluggishness of the bowel
- prolapse of the transverse colon
- lymphatic system congestion
- the amount of stress on the body
- plus many more things.
As great as it is in being an analysis tool there are still many things that Iridology cannot tell us:
- it does not reveal blood pressure or blood sugar levels
- it does not diagnose or name diseases
- it cannot tell if a client is male or female
- it cannot determine if a woman is taking birth control pills or if she is pregnant.
- it cannot detect the presence of gallstones or kidney stones.
- it cannot determine if a cardiac artery is blocked.
- nor can it determine if symptoms are disease or drug related.
There are many out there that look upon this as quackery but I believe those are the people who have not taken the time or made the effort to investigate the true benefits of this modality. Does that mean accupuncture or reflexology or even reading the tongue are quackery as well? I think not. God has left us many ways to look at the inner workings of the body and I believe these are all valid and accurate means of checking our health. For a very informative and revealing experience make an appointment with an iridology practitioner and see what they have to say about your health. I think you might be quite surprised.